Saturday, April 6, 2013

Your Habits


Many years ago, I heard one of my favorite Speakers/Authors share something that have had a tremendous impact on my life and I believe it will also
impact yours if you take it seriously – because it is the determinant of success and failure in your life.  This is one aspect of Leading With Intent that I would like to share with you. Your life, my life and everyone else’ in this world is run by habits: good or bad.
Some people are addicted to drugs – a negative habit, while others are addicted to taking time to read and reflect – a positive habit.
Most of the things you do, you do on autopilot. Now this would be fantastic if those habits were positive ones. Unfortunately most of the time, they are not.
If you consciously make an effort to understand how your habits – knowledge and belief systems outside of your consciousness – run your life, you will be well ahead of most people.  The next article I publish will show you a process that you can follow to create positive Habits that will help you live the life you want.
Okay… I’m not going to hold this back from you any longer. Make sure you read this a few times until you really catch its meaning and the level of power your habits have over whether you are a path to success or failure.
You may know me.I’m your constant companion.I’m your greatest helper; I’m your heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.Half the things you do might as well be turned over to me
and I will do them – quickly and correctly.
I’m easily managed but you must be firm with me.Show me exactly how you want something done;
after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great men and women; of course,I’m the servant of all the failures as well.Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machinethough I work with the precision of a machine
with the intelligence of a person.
You may run me for profit, or you may run me to ruin;
It makes no difference to me.
Take me, train me, be firm with me, and
I will place the world at your feet.
Be easy with me and I will destroy you.
Who am I?
I’m Habit!
Go create positive habits and lead the life you desire!

Related Articles:

  1. Could you be sabotaging your success and screwing your life over?
  2. Commitments: They make or break you … What are you committed to?
  3. 4 Reasons You Should Strive to Be the Best at What You Do

ABOUT MICHAEL CHARLES - CERTIFIED COACH, TEACHER, SPEAKER WITH THE JOHN MAXWELL TEAM

A founding partner with the John Maxwell Team, I help leaders, entrepreneurs and business professionals develop their leadership and communications skills to build strong, cohesive teams and break through barriers holding them and their teams back without burning themselves out.
This entry was posted in BusinessLeadershipMotivationPersonal GrowthSuccessful Living and tagged ,. Bookmark the permalink.

No comments:

Post a Comment